They're easy, delicious and the perfect gameday snack.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 clove garlic
1 jalapeño (sub green bell pepper for less spiciness)
1 pound ground beef
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup chicken stock or water
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
salt and pepper to taste
4 bags corn chips
shredded cheddar cheese
pico de gallo or salsa
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add half of the onion and set the other half aside for the topping. Sauté onions until translucent.
2. Add jalapeño and garlic, and sauté for one minute.
3. Cook beef until browned all the way through. Add chili powder and paprika. Cook 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
4. Add ketchup and chicken stock. Let reduce until it's the consistency of chili, about 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat, and add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add desired amounts of meat, lettuce, cheese and salsa into each corn chips bag. Top with sour cream, and eat with a spoon or fork.