Skittles-Infused Wine Granita
This candy-infused frozen treat puts a grown-up twist on a childhood favorite.
What You'll Need
(4) 6 oz bottles Skittles-infused wine, variety of flavors (get recipe)
24 oz sparkling water, clear soda or juice of choice
4 small aluminum loaf pan
stemless wine glasses
ice cream scoop or spoon
sweet crunchy cereal of choice, crushed (optional, for rim of glass)
extra Skittles candies (optional, for garnish)
Yield: 3-4 granitas
1. Combine 6 oz of Skittles-infused wine with 6 oz of sparkling water, clear soda or juice of choice (1 to 1 ratio) in a glass. Repeat with three more flavors of wine. Do not combine flavors.
2. Place mixtures into separate small aluminum loaf pans (Image 1). Freeze overnight (Image 2).
3. In a resealable bag, crush a handful of sweet, crunchy cereal. Add cereal to a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, add a few ounces of water. Dip rim of a stemless wine glass in bowl of water, then in bowl of cereal until rim is coated in cereal.
4. Remove loaf pans from freezer. Working quickly, flake frozen wine from pans (Image 1) and add to stemless wine glass, layering flavors in rainbow order (red, orange, yellow, green, purple, blue). Garnish with a sprinkle of Skittles candies and enjoy with a spoon (Image 2). Serve or freeze immediately.
Tip: Taste-test your favorite Skittles flavors before making the granita. Some flavors don't combine as well as others. What I used: Wild Cherry, Orange, Melon Berry and Blue Raspberry.