Homemade Crunch® Bar
Make our version of your favorite childhood candy using all-natural ingredients.
- 1/4-1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup melted cacao butter
- 1/2 cup cacao powder, unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons agave or other liquid sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Yield: 8 bars
1. Heat a cooking pot on high heat with no oil. Once the cooking pot is hot, add quinoa (just enough to form a thin layer). You’ll hear it start to pop. Be sure to constantly stir to avoid burning the quinoa. When it’s golden brown, remove from heat and set aside (Image 1).
2. In a saucepan, melt the cacao butter on low heat (Image 2). Add the cacao powder, agave, and vanilla extract, and stir until smooth (Image 3). Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
3. Add the popped quinoa to the chocolate, and stir (Image 4).
4. Transfer the mixture to a candy bar mold and then to the freezer to set for 15 minutes. They're ready to serve once firm (Image 5).