Extend Hospitality to Hostess Gifts
During holiday entertaining, bring creativity with these simple gift ideas.
Here are some creative gifts you can take to the host or hostess of a holiday party.
- Fill a rustic basket with all the ingredients for making caramel apples.
- Another gift for the autumn host is this simple yet elegant jar of trail mix. Fill a canning jar with trail mix, top with a lace doily secured with twine and add a nice decorative touch such as these place-card holders shaped like pears.
- Make a gift that will warm someone all winter long. Fill a decorative container with all the ingredients for hot-cocoa mix, including gourmet chocolates.
- Make a gift of fresh-baked cookies even more special by including items the hostess can use after the cookies are gone. Include a decorative plate and a cookie recipe, along with fun cookie cutters.
- Find a colorful and seasonal salt-and-pepper shaker set and include it in a basket with gourmet pepper and salt.
- Make a gift of a bottle of wine or fine olive oil special by dressing it up in a Christmas stocking. Another option is to wrap the bottle in a nice scarf and top with a bow.
Return the favor of hospitality with these gift ideas.
Create a personalized holiday name tag with the simplest of materials.
Give new life to last year's Christmas cards by turning them into beautiful gift bags.
Make these reusable and re-giftable wine bags; they'll be a hit at your next get-together.
Upcycle cardboard boxes into fun and festive packages kids will love.
This year, discover pretty packaging that celebrates the holidays, au naturel.
HGTV Magazine asked some of your favorite HGTV stars to design holiday gift tags. Print them out for your presents!
Add these nine entertaining essentials to your arsenal to instantly become the hostess with the mostess.
Out of gift wrap? Create custom, charming packages on the fly with recycled paper, a needle and some thread!
Discover simple and unique gift ideas that your Thanksgiving host or hostess will love.