Deconstructed Falafel Salad
A vibrant spin on a Middle Eastern classic, this falafel salad is reimagined with fresh herbs and pickled vegetables that make it a unique yet light meal perfect for any afternoon get together.
- falafel mix (see box for prep and instructions)
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup sautéed cauliflower
- 1/2 cup flat parsley and mint
- 1 cup beets, chopped and steamed
- 1/2 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- pomegranate seeds
- feta cheese
- pita chips
1: Make falafel patties according to instructions on package. To make pickled beets, add chopped beets to a bowl with 2-3 tablespoons red wine vinegar and one tablespoon cumin. Let sit for 15-20 minutes, stirring mixture occasionally to coat evenly.
2: To make pickled radishes and red onion, add both to a bowl with 1-2 tablespoons white wine vinegar and fresh cracked pepper. Let sit for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to coat evenly.
3: Pile on ingredients in a bowl in your desired amount. Mix yogurt with cumin and lemon juice, and add a dollop on top of the salad.