Blood Orange Sangria Recipe
Recipe courtesy of The Lazy Goat
3 blood oranges, sliced
1 lime, sliced
8 strawberries, stems removed and cut in half
1 pint raspberries
1 pint blackberries
1 bottle light-bodied white wine
1 cup blood orange/vanilla simple syrup (recipe below)
For the Simple Syrup
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup water
2 blood oranges, juiced
1. In a small pot, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce to a simmer, and allow to reduce for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, strain and cool.
For the Sangria
1. In a large pitcher, pour in the bottle of wine, fruit and simple syrup.Fill the remainder of the pitcher with ice and serve.It is best to allow the sangria to sit for 4 hours before serving.
2. Fill the remainder of the pitcher with ice and serve. Note: It is best to allow the sangria to sit for 4 hours before serving.
Yield: 1 pitcher or 6 glasses