Spicy Orange Chicken Wings
This winning game day recipe is courtesy of Knox Provisions.
At your next sports gathering these chicken wings are sure to be a hit. Browse photos from our tailgate at HGTV Urban Oasis 2017 in Knoxville, Tennessee where we feature this recipe and tons of party ideas.
2 lbs chicken wings
¼ cup grapeseed oil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 cup orange Juice
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup soy sauce
4 garlic cloves
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 oranges cut in to 8 wedges each
2 scallions thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, toss chicken wings with oil, salt, and pepper. Lay chicken wings out on a greased wire rack in a single layer. Not crowding or touching.
- Bake wings for approximately 30-45 minutes depending on the size of the wings.
- While the wings are cooking prepare the glaze (steps 5 and 6).
- In a medium saucepot place the orange juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic cloves and red pepper flakes and mix well with a whisk.
- Bring this mixture to a boil over medium high heat, then lower the heat and simmer stirring often until the liquid is reduced by half and looking more like a glaze.
- Place wings in a large bowl and toss with the reduced orange glaze.
- Place glazed wings on a serving platter and garnish with orange wedges and scallions.