Tips for Energy-Saving Window Coverings
Learn about the advantages of installing window coverings.
Installing window coverings throughout a home will minimize the escape of heat and cut down on the use of electricity.
- The most energy-efficient treatments feature honeycomb construction.
- Louvered shutters come in three styles: Cafe, plantation and sliding.
- Roller shades can be controlled with a chain or an electrical light switch.
- Window treatments protect rugs, paintings and furniture fabrics from fading caused by sun exposure.
- West-facing windows admit the hottest light and need the most coverage.
- South-facing windows are the most important natural light source and need only light coverage.
- It's best to have a professional measure your windows for custom treatments.
Spruce up those windows to make your kitchen more attractive with six easy-to-do ideas.
HGTV Magazine shares advice on everything from measuring and buying fabric to where to go for custom window curtains, drapes, and shades.
From setting a budget to the finishing touches, follow these seven steps from decorating pros to create the perfect window treatments for your home.
Learn how to make a window treatment with fabric, a carpet tube, toilet floats, and a dryer vent.
Get the latest curtain updates from Alice Fakier, an HGTV Design Star finalist. Here she shows us how to create an unusual tablecloth window treatment.
Styling your windows doesn't have to be a pane.
Get the latest window treatment ideas and curtain updates -- without breaking your budget -- from Alice Fakier, an HGTV Design Star finalist.
DIY window covering ideas can use everyday materials in unexpected ways to make a tremendous impact on your kitchen.
Large windows make your kitchen feel, well, larger. Whether your windows are very wide, very tall or oddly shaped, we are sharing some ideas and tips for finding a large kitchen window treatment solution that is right for you.
The kitchen is the hardest-working room in your home, so you'll need durable kitchen window treatments and window coverings that can stand up to potential heat and moisture while still giving you the style and functionality you need.