Tips for Energy-Saving Window Coverings
Learn about the advantages of installing window coverings.
Installing window coverings throughout a home will minimize the escape of heat and cut down on the use of electricity.
- The most energy-efficient treatments feature honeycomb construction.
- Louvered shutters come in three styles: Cafe, plantation and sliding.
- Roller shades can be controlled with a chain or an electrical light switch.
- Window treatments protect rugs, paintings and furniture fabrics from fading caused by sun exposure.
- West-facing windows admit the hottest light and need the most coverage.
- South-facing windows are the most important natural light source and need only light coverage.
- It's best to have a professional measure your windows for custom treatments.
Styling your windows doesn't have to be a pane.
From setting a budget to the finishing touches, follow these seven steps from decorating pros to create the perfect window treatments for your home.
Check out these 10 tips for going green with environmentally friendly products and practices you can implement around your home.
Lessen your environmental impact with these easy suggestions from an LEED-certified auditor.
Covering hard-to-fit windows can be a challenge. We have beautiful solutions, for corner windows, casements, skylights, dormers and more.
This year why not resolve to make a few simple lifestyle changes that could have a huge impact on the earth?
HGTV Magazine shares advice on everything from measuring and buying fabric to where to go for custom window curtains, drapes, and shades.
Spruce up those windows to make your kitchen more attractive with six easy-to-do ideas.
Turn your power-hungry kitchen into an energy-saving space buyers will love.
Master gardener Paul James discusses the different types of horticultural oils.