Tablecloth Window Treatment
- When measuring for the clips, you only have to measure once. Once you’ve placed your clips on the top part of the cloth, just flip it up and place the remaining clips in the same spot.
- If you don’t want to use clip rings, sew in a rod pocket.
- Look for tablecloths with ribbon around the edge or scalloped edges for beautiful decorative details.
Materials and Tools:
rectangular shaped table cloths (Field Crest Luxury Tablecloth in light taupe - Target)
drapery hardware clips (Levolor item #183831, model: ARING-PW - Lowe's)
rod and finials (Levolor metal rod - Home Depot)
1. First measure your window from top to bottom to determine what size tablecloth to buy.
2. A standard, rectangular tablecloth is 70 inches. Depending on the size of your window, you may want to buy a cloth that is 90 inches long for it to just touch the floor. If you'd like it to puddle, get a cloth that is 120 or 140 inches.
3. Once you've picked out your size, lay the cloth out flat and fold the tops together.
4. Attach clips at both ends and at the center point of the cloth.
5. At this point you’ll have four clips left.
6. Measure and add the rest of the clips at even increments of the cloth.