How to Assemble and Upholster a Cornice Box
Materials and Tools:
hot glue gun
3/4" MDF ultra-light
gold braided trim
1. Trace your desired shape onto 3/4-inch thick MDF board. Cut out the desired shape with a jigsaw, including the side pieces.
Note: You should have one large front piece and two short side pieces.
2. Lightly sand the edges.
3. Create a three-sided box by attaching the front board to the sides with wood glue and secure with a nail gun.
4. Wrap the assembled cornice box with batting and secure onto the backside with a staple gun. Repeat the process with the fabric.
5. Use the jigsaw to cut out a small oval from the MDF to create a medallion. Wrap in batting and fabric, securing with a staple gun.
6. Attach the upholstered medallion onto the center of the upholstered cornice box, securing with a nail gun.
7. Finally, attach gold braided trim with the hot glue gun in a circular pattern to cover all nail holes.