Top 10 Home-Staging Dos
Mother-and-daughter real estate pros Donna and Shannon Freeman break down the best ways to stage a home to sell.
- Set your listing price by utilizing area comparables, not based upon what you need to buy that ostrich farm.
- Put personal collections away someplace safe, like a bank vault in Zurich.
- Invest in a fresh coat of paint and get 150 percent green back on your investment.
- Disclose everything, especially the stuff you are tempted not to.
- Fix all running toilets, or risk flushing profits down the drain.
- Remember that "outside" is the new "inside." Show off all of your living spaces.
- Visit model homes to see how neutrality and spaciousness are made to feel so inviting.
- Grind a lemon in the garbage disposal – it smells great and it's such great exercise.
- Display the kind of plants that aren't injection-molded and painted in a factory somewhere overseas.
- Keep your day job. Hire an agent and assist them in doing what they do best.
Smart updates will make your home more memorable to buyers, increasing the chances of a successful sale.
Move your home off the real estate market fast with these five secrets.
Check out these man-made materials that mimic the look of natural materials without the cost and maintenance.
Homeowners work together to remodel a century-old home with bold colors and additional space.
What is staging? Sabrina Soto, Get It Sold host and home-staging expert, knows. Here are her top tips for helping you compete in today's real estate market.
Innovations provide environmentally beneficial and cost-effective alternatives.
Mother-and-daughter real estate pros Donna and Shannon Freeman of Designed to Sell and Secrets That Sell explain why some home sellers miss the mark when staging their homes.
Matthew Finlason gives his home staging tips to help you get ready for a home sale.
Try glass tile on a bathroom floor or rubber sheets in a kitchen
Flooring plays a major role in the look, feel and functionality of your home. From classic hardwood to trendy concrete, explore flooring surfaces to find the best option for your lifestyle and budget.