Textured Hacienda-Style Wainscoting
Tools and Materials:
4x8 sheets of backer board
texturing medium (plaster)
raw sienna universal tint
burnt sienna universal tint
1x4 prestained pieces of knotty pine
1. Mix raw sienna universal tint into texture until the desired color is achieved.
2. Apply texture directly to the backer board with steel trowel, making sure texture is uneven leaving plenty of peaks and valleys.
3. When the texture medium is dry, dip sponge in burnt sienna glaze and lightly apply to the plaster. The goal is to highlight the texture.
4. Install finished sheets of backer board to wall with nail gun or screws. Cover screws or nail holes with additional texture medium.
5. Use nail gun to frame out the panels with prestained knotty pine chair rail.