How to Pick Wallpaper
- The best way to pick wallpaper is to decide where it's going first, and then factor in the durability. A fragile paper could work in a master bedroom, but not in a kid's bathroom or a back hall.
- Wallpaper comes with a variety of price tags and ranges from about $12 up to $200 per roll depending on what the wallpaper is. More involved textures or natural products that have been backed with paper for hanging tend to be far more expensive and are best hung by a professional.
- If you like the natural look, but you're on a budget, check out the fabulous new vinyl papers available. They look like the real thing at a fraction of the cost. Vinyl is easier to hang and will last much longer than a natural product.
- The best way to know how much paper to order is to ask the sales representative. They know their product and how it measures. Also, it doesn't hurt to order extra just in case.
- Finally, if you love a wallpaper but aren't ready to redo a whole room, try buying a sheet and framing it for an easy way to get the look you love.