How to Pick Wallpaper
With thousands of wallpaper patterns, it can be hard to pick the right one.
- The best way to pick wallpaper is to decide where it's going first, and then factor in the durability. A fragile paper could work in a master bedroom, but not in a kid's bathroom or a back hall.
- Wallpaper comes with a variety of price tags and ranges from about $12 up to $200 per roll depending on what the wallpaper is. More involved textures or natural products that have been backed with paper for hanging tend to be far more expensive and are best hung by a professional.
- If you like the natural look, but you're on a budget, check out the fabulous new vinyl papers available. They look like the real thing at a fraction of the cost. Vinyl is easier to hang and will last much longer than a natural product.
- The best way to know how much paper to order is to ask the sales representative. They know their product and how it measures. Also, it doesn't hurt to order extra just in case.
- Finally, if you love a wallpaper but aren't ready to redo a whole room, try buying a sheet and framing it for an easy way to get the look you love.
How do you remove the wallpaper without damaging the wall – or yourself? Use these tips to help you decide which option will work best.
Our expert shares tips on making the right choice for the space.
When it comes to carpeting, the options can be a bit overwhelming. Here's what you need to know.
Make sense of PEI ratings, glazes and materials with this primer.
Learn how using mildew retardant paint can help prevent mildew in your home.
In the market for new carpet? Educate yourself and research your options before shopping.
Removing wallpaper is never fun. But with the right tools, a little know-how, and a lot of patience, anybody can rid a room of a dated wall covering.
Removing wallpaper can be difficult and time-consuming. Learn the tips and tricks to using liquid solvents and commercial steamers.
Wood or marble? Make an informed choice with this rundown of the materials.
Transform your space by upgrading your flooring. Think about your design style and options.