How to Paint Striped Walls
Materials and Tools:
satin base coat
paint for stripes and below chair rail
rags (socks or T-shirts)
1. Apply the base coat and let dry.
2. Make a tic mark using a pencil every 5 inches around the room. Lightly pencil in level vertical lines at each of the marks.
3. If working alone, put a tiny piece of tape in the middle of every other stripe so you tape off the correct stripe. Add the tape along the outside edges of the pencil marks so they can be covered when painted.
4. Dip the rag in the chosen color and swirl the paint around as if washing the walls.
5. Remove the tape after finishing each wall so the paint doesn't dry completely .