How to Install Fluted Molding
For this project, five-inch fluted molding is used for baseboard, door and window trim. This technique was used to get a linear effect.
Materials and Tools:
5-inch fluted molding
1. Carefully remove old molding using a crow bar and hammer.
2. Using a miter saw, measure and cut new molding to size.
3. Cut edges at a 45-degree angle so they align perfectly.
4. Affix molding at baseboard, ceiling and around all doors and windows using a nail gun.
5. Fill in any gaps using wood putty.
6. Touch up with paint.