4 DIY Projects From Design Bloggers
First, take a look at how each of these bloggers styled a space using the DIYs below, then have fun creating your own replicas.
From Serena Appiah, thriftdiving.com
1. Spray the front of the plate with spray primer. Let dry. Repeat on the back of the plate.
2. Use painter’s tape to tape off the section of the plate that will be the accent color. Cover the rest of the plate with plastic wrap and secure with painter’s tape.
3. Spray-paint the plate with the accent color. Remove the tape and the plastic wrap while the paint is still wet. Let dry.
From Camila Pavone, blog.effortless-style.com
1. Cut foam core and cork the same size as the back opening of a frame. Spray the foam core with spray adhesive. Affix the cork to the foam core.
2. Spray-paint the frame red. Let dry.
3. Lay the frame facedown. Place the foam core in the back opening and secure with glazier points.
4. Attach hanging hardware and hanging wire to the back of the frame.
From Kristin Cadwallader, bliss-athome.com
1. Use painter’s tape to tape off a rectangle with indented corners. Paint the rectangle white. Remove the tape while the paint is still wet. Let dry.
2. Affix the stencil to the rectangle with painter’s tape. Use a paint roller to paint the stencil hot pink. Remove the stencil while paint is still wet. Let dry.
3. Have molding cut the same size as the stenciled wall pattern.
4. Paint the molding gold. Let dry. Nail the molding to the wall.
From Diane Henkler, inmyownstyle.com
1. Measure the cushion that came with the bench. Cut the fabric so it’s 10 inches longer and wider than the cushion.
2. Lay the fabric pattern side down. Center the cushion facedown on the fabric.
3. Wrap one side of the cushion with the fabric, pulling it taut and securing it every few inches with safety pins. Repeat on the right side.
4. Repeat on the top and the bottom, wrapping the corners like a present.