Replacing a Light Fixture
Here are directions for how to replace a light fixture and update the lighting in your home.
Materials and Tools:
electrical wire tracer
- Open electrical box and test for power. Turn off the power to the house to make sure that there's absolutely no power going to those wires.
- Remove the old fixture and disconnect wires, marking them for later.
- Wire the new light the same way the old one was wired.
- Screw the bracket to the ceiling.
- Turn power back on and test it out. If the new light doesn't come back on, check the light bulbs and make sure they are screwed on tight. Turn the power back off and check your wiring, refer to the manufacturer's instruction manual for extra help or contact info.
Let there be a new light with these step-by-step instructions.
Disguise an existing light fixture by building a fabric-covered enclosure for it.
Step-by-step guide on how to install a new light fixture -- no handyman necessary!
Enhancing a room's ambiance is as easy as following these step-by-step instructions.
Here are some creative ways to drape and place dazzling indoor Christmas lights.
6 bright ideas for shedding more light on the subject
Learn how to create a tabletop terrarium with these simple step-by-step instructions.
Tips for building an indoor tabletop fountain.
Deck out a screened-in porch with these simple instructions.
Create your own copper light fixture with these steps.