Money-Saving Household Tips
6 bright ideas for running a tighter ship
Household expenses are a great place to start saving money. Here are six everyday ways to cut your budget.
- There is no need to buy both the bottled wood-oil soap and the spray-bottle version. Just dilute the bottled version and put into a spray bottle. The mixture should be one part soap to one part water.
- Make your own quick microwave cleaners. Just dampen a paper towel, spritz it with lemon juice and microwave on high for a minute. The microwave should easily wipe clean.
- Make your own pretreater by keeping diluted laundry detergent in a spray/squeeze bottle. The mixture should be one part detergent to one part water.
- Rub clothes with a wire hanger to get rid of static cling.
- Buy bulk-size tissues and refill decorative boxes with them.
- Use a dehydrator for vegetables you can't use or get your family to eat. You can use them later for soups and stews.
Keep costs down with these DIY quilting tricks and substitutions.
Transform your home with smart shopping tips and money-saving ideas from Design on a Dime's Kahi Lee.
Our 10-step budget guide will help you set up and stick to a decorating budget -- without blowing it.
Here are tips and ideas to add custom touches to a budget-conscious kitchen.
Check out these chic-on-the-cheap decorating tips.
Check out these easy, inexpensive solutions to common painting problems.
Follow these 4 tips for making your decorating fantasies come true while on a budget.
This year why not resolve to make a few simple lifestyle changes that could have a huge impact on the earth?
Tips on how to get home-cooked meals and not spend too much money on take-out food.
8 tips for making the most of your budget