How to Organize a Bathroom
Professional organizer Linda Koopersmith walks through bathroom organization, from the countertops to the shower. Follow these 6 simple tips for a clutter-free bathroom.
- Don't start with the countertops! Start in the drawers first. Once those are organized, move to the counter.
- Empty the drawers, one by one. Separate the items you want to keep and toss anything you don't need or use anymore (or give it to a friend). Use organizational cosmetic containers or even small boxes to place the cosmetics accordingly. Place the containers back into the drawer and see how the drawer takes on a completely new look.
- When empyting the cabinets, keep a lookout for repeat purchases. It will save you time and money to see what you have so you won't continue to buy it. Begin to put things away that were on the countertops. A wonderful organizer is one that swings out to utilize the space around the pipes and eliminate the clutter that occurs on the countertop surface.
- Consider a space-saving towel rack that clips right over the back of the bathroom door if you're pressed for towel storage.
- Transform the dead space over a toilet by adding a stacked cabinet to store some of those items that have been kept under the sink. Use decorative containers to hold cotton balls, Q-Tips, cosmetic brushes and other small items you use on a daily basis.
- Cut down on clutter in the shower by installing a wall-mounted shower dispenser to dispense liquid soap, shampoo and conditioner.
Try these quick home organization tips for maintaining a clutter-free home from basement to attic.
Almost every decluttering mission includes a trip or two to a charity to drop off unwanted items.
Follow these easy tips to declutter your small home office.
Follow these simple steps for using storage containers to organize your catchall closet.
Got a life? Then you probably don't want to spend any more time on housework than you have to. Here's how to clean your house better and faster.
Learn how to make your closet work for you — and your clothes.
Hate cleaning your bathroom? HGTV Magazine shares tips to speed up the chore that can't be ignored, so you can get back to the fun stuff.
Try these seven bedroom organizing tips that are sure to help you rest easy.
Does dust settle on surfaces minutes after you've cleaned them? Tips for getting rid of dust — not just moving it around.
12 ways to give your wheels a fresh start.