How to Organize a Bathroom
Professional organizer Linda Koopersmith walks through bathroom organization, from the countertops to the shower. Follow these 6 simple tips for a clutter-free bathroom.
- Don't start with the countertops! Start in the drawers first. Once those are organized, move to the counter.
- Empty the drawers, one by one. Separate the items you want to keep and toss anything you don't need or use anymore (or give it to a friend). Use organizational cosmetic containers or even small boxes to place the cosmetics accordingly. Place the containers back into the drawer and see how the drawer takes on a completely new look.
- When empyting the cabinets, keep a lookout for repeat purchases. It will save you time and money to see what you have so you won't continue to buy it. Begin to put things away that were on the countertops. A wonderful organizer is one that swings out to utilize the space around the pipes and eliminate the clutter that occurs on the countertop surface.
- Consider a space-saving towel rack that clips right over the back of the bathroom door if you're pressed for towel storage.
- Transform the dead space over a toilet by adding a stacked cabinet to store some of those items that have been kept under the sink. Use decorative containers to hold cotton balls, Q-Tips, cosmetic brushes and other small items you use on a daily basis.
- Cut down on clutter in the shower by installing a wall-mounted shower dispenser to dispense liquid soap, shampoo and conditioner.
Shop sensibly and save money with these tips for choosing organizing products.
Bathrooms, like other activity-intensive rooms, need a refined, systematic plan for storage. Organize them according to the rules of bathroom storage, to make best use of that scarce domestic real estate.
Learn how to make your closet work for you — and your clothes.
Follow these simple steps for using storage containers to organize your catchall closet.
Working from home sounds great — unless your home office is a disaster. Follow these 10 simple tips to help declutter your space.
Organizing clothing into compatible groups that work together maximizes your wardrobe options.
Get the most out of your linen closet with these organizing tips.
Keep your bathroom fixtures bright with these tips on scrubbing and disinfecting.
Follow these pantry organizing tips to make grocery shopping and meal preparation a breeze.
6 bright ideas for shedding more light on the subject