How to Adjust Gutters and Caulk Flashing
Materials and Tools:
1. To adjust the slope of the gutter, wearing gloves, pop out the gutter pegs on the side and around the corners. Loosen the drip edge with a screwdriver. Use a hammer and crowbar to loosen the gutter.
2. Drop the gutter to the desired angle sloping it toward the downspout.
3. With the gutter realigned, replace the gutter pegs; use a block of wood to avoid damaging the soft gutter metal.
4. Seal any gaps created by realigning the gutter with silicone caulk.
5. Test the slope by running water down the gutter; the water should flow downhill to the downspout.
6. If necessary, use stain-resistant primer and paint to hide old stains.