Want to show off what's inside your cabinets? Just follow these steps to a whole new look.
Materials and Tools:
glass panels, cut to size (available at most frame shops and glass shops)
safety gloves and glasses
router (you can rent one if you don't own one)
clear silicone caulk
mirror clips with screws
1. Remove your existing cabinet doors with a screwdriver, bottom first.
2. Measure the inside of the cabinet panel around the lip.
3. Subtract a ¼-inch from your measurements.
4. Have the glass cut to match the dimensions at a hardware store.
5. Wearing safety glasses and gloves, use the router to cut through the center wood panel but not the lip on which it rests. Pop out the center panel.
6. Put the glass in place, and then run a bead of silicone caulk around the lip to hold it in place. Put a dab every 6 inches, making sure to get the corners.
7. Secure with glass clips, two at the bottom and two at the top. Be careful not to go all the way through the door frame.
8. Secure the clips with screws and replace the doors on the cabinets. Make sure the screws are shorter than the thickness of the door.
Note: Other options for replacing the wood panel include chicken wire behind a glass pane and fabric hung from small curtain rods and installed behind the glass.