10-Minute House Cleaning
Follow these tips for getting chores done quickly.
Don't spend all day cleaning. Just 10 minutes will do it if you do it right. Here's how:
- Set a timer for 10 minutes and have the kids race to pick up as much as they can before the alarm goes off.
- Use the dishwasher for more than dishes. When it isn't quite full, fill it the rest of the way with things like stove burners, vases, candlesticks and even children's plastic toys contained in a mesh bag.
- To keep bathroom mirrors from fogging up, rub them with dish soap and let them dry. It will take vigorous rubbing to work the soap in, but it should prevent fog from forming for up to two weeks.
- If more than one child uses a bathroom, assign an old shoebox to each child to keep the toiletries separate.
- Clean the dust off stuffed animals by running them through the dryer on the fluff cycle with a dryer sheet.
- Clean dingy vinyl dolls by slipping a soft sock onto your hand and dipping the end of the sock first in water and then in baking soda. Gently rub the doll with the soda.
- To absorb refrigerator odors, place an open bowl with two or three charcoal briquettes on a back shelf.
Three interior design pros offer dozens of quick, easy and dollar-conscious ways to freshen up your living space before the flowers start to bud.
Could your home pass the white glove test?
Take this pantry staple beyond the mixing bowl. We've got four ways to use cream of tartar in your next cleaning emergency.
Take the sheet beyond the laundry room.
Yes, you read that right. We've got tips to get the whole family motivated to join in on the seasonal cleaning spree.
Does dust settle on surfaces minutes after you've cleaned them? Tips for getting rid of dust — not just moving it around.
Home cleaning experts share their best hacks and tips for tidying up your kitchen, bathroom and more.
Expert answers some frequently asked cleaning questions.
Plus, read on for their LOL cleaning confessions. HGTV stars, they're just like us!
We're all just human. Dirty, messy, kind-of-gross humans.