10-Minute House Cleaning
Follow these tips for getting chores done quickly.
Don't spend all day cleaning. Just 10 minutes will do it if you do it right. Here's how:
- Set a timer for 10 minutes and have the kids race to pick up as much as they can before the alarm goes off.
- Use the dishwasher for more than dishes. When it isn't quite full, fill it the rest of the way with things like stove burners, vases, candlesticks and even children's plastic toys contained in a mesh bag.
- To keep bathroom mirrors from fogging up, rub them with dish soap and let them dry. It will take vigorous rubbing to work the soap in, but it should prevent fog from forming for up to two weeks.
- If more than one child uses a bathroom, assign an old shoebox to each child to keep the toiletries separate.
- Clean the dust off stuffed animals by running them through the dryer on the fluff cycle with a dryer sheet.
- Clean dingy vinyl dolls by slipping a soft sock onto your hand and dipping the end of the sock first in water and then in baking soda. Gently rub the doll with the soda.
- To absorb refrigerator odors, place an open bowl with two or three charcoal briquettes on a back shelf.
Three interior design pros offer dozens of quick, easy and dollar-conscious ways to freshen up your living space before the flowers start to bud.
12 ways to give your wheels a fresh start.
Expert answers some frequently asked cleaning questions.
Home cleaning experts share their best hacks and tips for tidying up your kitchen, bathroom and more.
Plus, read on for their LOL cleaning confessions. HGTV stars, they're just like us!
Yes, you read that right. We've got tips to get the whole family motivated to join in on the seasonal cleaning spree.
Queen of Clean Linda Cobb offers ideas to straighten your house in a jiffy before guests arrive.
We're all just human. Dirty, messy, kind-of-gross humans.
Could your home pass the white glove test?
Got a life? Then you probably don't want to spend any more time on housework than you have to. Here's how to clean your house better and faster.