How to Repair a Basement Walk-Out Stoop
Restore firm footing outside your door with these step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
If you don't have solid ground to stand on when you step outside your basement, this project shows you how to fix the situation.
Materials and Tools:
4x4x8-inch pressure-treated lumber (4 lengths)
6 bags of concrete mix
1. Remove the existing bricks.
2. Dig out a 4x4-foot hole that's 8 inches deep.
3. Frame out the perimeter with pressure-treated 4x4's as pictured. Level the ground inside the frame.
4. Plug the drain.
5. Mix the concrete.
6. Pour the concrete into the frame, and smooth it with a 2x4 until it's level.
7. Allow drying time per the concrete manufacturer's instructions.
8. Install the drain cover.
There's more to it than mixing cement. Check out these step-by-step instructions.