Architectural Columns and Rails
Build columns, add chair rails and hang picture plate plate rails for extra details around your home.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1. Cut plywood into the desired column width and height and attach together to make a long box.
2. Add crown molding that's cut at a 45-degree angle. Keep in mind that it must be flipped over when mitering (pretend the base of the saw represents the ceiling).
3. Finish with decorative beading a few inches below the molding.
1. To end a chair rail at a window, cut trim at a 45-degree angle.
2. Cut another piece in the opposite matching angle and remove just the angle portion. Attach it to the end with glue.
Picture and Plate Rails
1. Turn a piece of baseboard molding upside down and attach decorative trim to the top. Allow a space for picture hooks or plates.
Why make holes in the wall when you can hang photos and art this way?