Maximum Home Value Kitchen Projects: Flooring
Redoing your kitchen floors can bring major style and value points to your home. Here, get expert tips and ideas.
Flooring may not be top of mind when you think of the kitchen, but floors play a crucial part in tying the look of the room together. When upgrading your kitchen floor, coordinate with your appliances, countertops and cabinets to add real value.
Kitchen floors take a beating, from hours of standing, foot traffic and spills, so when weighing your options, consider durability and ease of maintenance as well as style and cost. From vinyl to ceramic tile, floors come in all styles and patterns for any budget.
- Style under foot. Linoleum is a common material due to its affordability, ease of installation and green appeal. But homeowners looking for a more custom look can choose from a vast array of materials, such as ceramic, wood, laminate, rubber, concrete and natural stone. Imitation ceramic and vinyl floors offer style without the maintenance and hassle of shattered fallen dishes.
- Eco-friendly floors. Bamboo and cork are popular green options. Learn more about environmentally friendly flooring.
Some homeowners will go DIY to save money but end up causing more problems, says appraisal expert Leslie Sellers. Unless you know what you’re doing and have the right tools, consider having your floors professionally installed.
- On a Budget: If you need to update your flooring immediately, linoleum and vinyl tiles are inexpensive, easy to install and come in a variety of patterns.
- Mid-Range: Laminate floors are durable, affordable and can mimic the look of upscale materials like wood, stone and marble.
- High-End: Depending on your budget and kitchen design, natural stone and hardwood floors are popular upscale options. Hardwood gives a warm feel to a kitchen and is easy on the feet, while stone offers an elegant look.
Maximum Home Value Kitchen Projects: Countertops and Sinks
Countertops set the tone for the entire kitchen, so using stylish, updated materials easily adds major value to your home.
This or That: Pick Your Favorite Vintage Find From Fixer Upper
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 27, 2015 by Farima Alavi
6 Essentials for the Perfect Tailgate Party + Win the 1 Thing You Really Need
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 25, 2015 by Farima Alavi
Discover the Winning Hue in Our Color Vs. Color Competition!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Kayla Kitts
Copy This Room: Get Beach Flip Style in Your Living Room
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Shannon Petrie
4 Ways to Personalize Your Dorm Desk + College Goodie Giveaway!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 21, 2015 by Farima Alavi
The Easiest (and Cutest!) DIY Dorm Roommate Mugs Ever
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 20, 2015 by Marianne Canada
Dorm Room Ikea Hack: Turn a Shelf Into A Storage Coffee Table!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 19, 2015 by Marianne Canada
Back to School For Adults: 10 DIY Office Refresh Ideas
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 19, 2015 by Chelsea Faulkner