Maximum Home Value Kitchen Projects: Flooring
Redoing your kitchen floors can bring major style and value points to your home. Here, get expert tips and ideas.
Flooring may not be top of mind when you think of the kitchen, but floors play a crucial part in tying the look of the room together. When upgrading your kitchen floor, coordinate with your appliances, countertops and cabinets to add real value.
Kitchen floors take a beating, from hours of standing, foot traffic and spills, so when weighing your options, consider durability and ease of maintenance as well as style and cost. From vinyl to ceramic tile, floors come in all styles and patterns for any budget.
- Style under foot. Linoleum is a common material due to its affordability, ease of installation and green appeal. But homeowners looking for a more custom look can choose from a vast array of materials, such as ceramic, wood, laminate, rubber, concrete and natural stone. Imitation ceramic and vinyl floors offer style without the maintenance and hassle of shattered fallen dishes.
- Eco-friendly floors. Bamboo and cork are popular green options. Learn more about environmentally friendly flooring.
Some homeowners will go DIY to save money but end up causing more problems, says appraisal expert Leslie Sellers. Unless you know what you’re doing and have the right tools, consider having your floors professionally installed.
- On a Budget: If you need to update your flooring immediately, linoleum and vinyl tiles are inexpensive, easy to install and come in a variety of patterns.
- Mid-Range: Laminate floors are durable, affordable and can mimic the look of upscale materials like wood, stone and marble.
- High-End: Depending on your budget and kitchen design, natural stone and hardwood floors are popular upscale options. Hardwood gives a warm feel to a kitchen and is easy on the feet, while stone offers an elegant look.
Maximum Home Value Kitchen Projects: Countertops and Sinks
Countertops set the tone for the entire kitchen, so using stylish, updated materials easily adds major value to your home.
Behind the Design at HGTV Dream Home 2016
HGTV Dreams Happen: Sweepstakes Blog » HGTV Dream Home Oct 6, 2015 by Virginia Moon
Stylish + Efficient Appliances for Hard-Working Spaces
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Sep 30, 2015 by Kayla Kitts
This or That: Pick Your Favorite Bathroom Wallpaper
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Sep 17, 2015 by Farima Alavi
Fall Decorating Ideas From HGTV Magazine’s October Issue
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Sep 8, 2015 by Alyssa Sparacino
Go Behind the Scenes of John Colaneri’s HGTV Magazine Shoot
I Heart HGTV Sep 3, 2015 by Alyssa Sparacino
Were You Correct? HGTV Magazine’s Latest High/Low Challenge
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Sep 2, 2015 by Alyssa Sparacino