Men's Closet Ideas and Options
A man's closet requires a few simple additions to achieve optimal organization. Use these storage solutions to make his space clutter-free.
Little to no frills are required when it comes to organizing men's closets.
Invest in a few simple pieces, like a chest of drawers, shoe rack, valet and tie rack. Many of these items, such as the drawers, can be purchased inexpensively if you choose plastic. Use the drawers to organize undershirts, socks and underwear.
Hang shirts and pants on a closet rod, organizing them in sections so that each item is easy to locate. A wall mount hanger valet is useful for allowing extra room to hang clothing when closet space is limited. These valets are easily mounted to the wall and are often able to be folded down when not in use. Valets are also useful for men who like to prepare their next day's attire ahead of time.
A shoe rack or cube storage system is useful in a men's closet for keeping footwear organized, and shelving is handy for storing folded sweaters or containers with out-of-season clothing. Place an accessories organizer on top of the dresser for storing watches, cuff links, a wallet or even his cell phone.
See also: Closet Planning Guide
- Closets Around the House
- Linen Cabinet and Closet Organization Ideas
- Coat Closet Ideas
- Walk-In Closet Design Ideas
- Broom and Utility Closet Organization
- Big Closet Design Ideas
- Closet Rods, Brackets and Supports
- Converting a Walk-In Closet Into a Divine Art Studio
- Closet Lighting Ideas and Options
- Closet Organization Accessories: Ideas and Options
- Cedar Closet Lining and Planks
- Our Fave Movie Closets + Their HGTV Look-alikes