Hall Closet Organization and Design Ideas
A hall closet can wear many hats depending on its location within your home. Find out how you can shape it to suit your organization needs with these storage ideas.
One of the best things about a hall closet is that it can be organized to suit a multitude of purposes. Depending on where it is located, a hall closet can serve as an overflow space when your bedroom closet begins to become jam-packed or an area for organizing kids' toys.
No matter where your hall closet is situated in your home, a few small changes can help to make all the difference in making it an organized space. For example, if you will be using your hall closet to organize coats and outerwear, then consider adding a clothing rod or wall hooks for easy storage. Be sure to hang the hooks or rod at a height that allows for longer coats to hang freely.
When you are using a hall closet to store overflow whether it's from a bedroom or your child's playroom shelving is a must-have storage solution. The right amount of shelving allows for easy storage of containers filled with out-of-season clothing, and baskets filled with toys or games.
A hall closet can also make a very useful linen closet. Shelving and even a set of drawers are optimal for helping to organize towels, sheets and blankets.
See also: Closet Planning Guide
- Closets Around the House
- Linen Cabinet and Closet Organization Ideas
- Coat Closet Ideas
- Walk-In Closet Design Ideas
- Broom and Utility Closet Organization
- Big Closet Design Ideas
- Organize Your Closets – Love Your Home!
- Case Study: A Teen Closet Transition
- Step Inside Giuliana Rancic's Gorgeous Closet
- HGTV Dream Home 2010: Master Closet Pictures
- 10 Stylish Walk-In Bedroom Closets
- Master Closet Pictures From HGTV Smart Home 2014