Cork Flooring In Basements
Cork floors are a durable and easy-to-maintain option for basement flooring. Find out how this natural material can work to enhance the appearance of your home.
It turns out that cork is not only useful for preserving your favorite bottle of wine, it makes great flooring, providing a resilient and eco-friendly finish to your basement, or any space.
Not only are no trees cut down to produce the material, but the flooring is made from the scraps that are leftover from producing bottle stoppers. Cork flooring is available in tiles or panels, and comes in many textures and patterns.
When it comes to choosing cork flooring in a basement, there are several benefits, including the fact that while cork is durable, it allows for a good amount of cushioning. It can also help to increase the temperature in a space that is often the coldest room in a home.
If you are choosing cork flooring in your basement, it will be necessary to coat it with a sealant in order to protect it from moisture or water damage.
See also: Floor Buying Guide
- Basement Flooring Options and Ideas
- Basement Floor Paint Options
- Waterproof Flooring for Basements
- Subfloor Options for Basements
- Floor Tiles for Basements
- Before You Hire a Basement Pro
- Ideas for Basement Rooms
- Is Your Family Ready for a Big Storm?
- Solving Basement Design Problems
- Female-Friendly Retreat for Dad
- Adding a Basement Kitchen
Basements in Depth
Solve common problems and turn unused square footage into new, functional areas for gathering.