Basement Waterproofing Costs
Here are the basics on finding your basements waterproofing problems and what it will cost to treat them.
When estimating the basement waterproofing costs, it's important to keep a few facts in mind. First, it is necessary to identify the source of the moisture that is making its way into the space.
Clogged or misdirected gutters or downspouts are one of the most common reasons basements get wet. If this is the case, replacing or redirecting a gutter can cost anywhere from zero (if all it requires is simple redirection or clearing of debris) to $300.
If condensation seems to be the issue, then the excess water can often be the result of poor ventilation. If heating or air conditioning is unavailable in the basement, then the installation of a dehumidifying unit can be a simple fix that costs about $250. If the water pipes require insulation, then it will run between $50-$100.
One of the most expensive problems to fix is crack in the foundation. This repair will require the help of a professional and can cost anywhere from $500 to $15,000.
See also: Preventing Basement Moisture
- Basement Waterproofing Options
- Damp, Wet Basement Causes and Solutions
- Water In the Basement: Causes and Solutions for Flooded Basements
- Basement Waterproofing Products and Systems
- Waterproofing Basement and Crawlspace Foundations
- French Drains for Basements
- Adding a Basement Kitchen
- Is Your Family Ready for a Big Storm?
- Before You Hire a Basement Pro
- Wood Flooring In the Basement
- Basement Remodeling Costs
- Basement Design and Layout