Bathroom Organization: Taming Hair Care Chaos
Between sprays and spritzes, bands and barrettes, hair care gear gets out of control in a hurry. Try these tips to smooth out your styling routine.
By: Lisa Frederick
- Stash dryers and brushes in a specially designed holster. Bed and bath stores and some beauty suppliers carry over-the-cabinet-door caddies with slots for blow dryers, curling irons, hairbrushes and other essential tools. They’re made to withstand heat, so you can stick small electrics right back in after you’ve finished with them.
- Sort clips and rubber bands with a drawer organizer or cosmetics tray. No need to get fancy — just pick up a basic model available at big-box retailers. Or tuck a few shallow bowls into your drawer to keep small items together.
- Store headbands on a hanging rack in the closet. You could also use a jewelry stand designed for bracelets and necklaces.
- Use a tray to corral sprays, gels and other styling products. Tubes, bottles and jars have a way of engulfing the bathroom counter. Add a small tray or basket to keep them in line yet easy to grab. Company coming? Whisk the entire tray out of sight. For lesser-used products, a dorm-style shower caddy under the sink is perfect.
- If you have space, outfit a drawer with electrical outlets. Although it may sound indulgent, it’s actually a smart way to eliminate tangled cords. Just pull the drawer out and plug in your dryer or iron, then drop it back in and shut it away.
Watch: Sabrina Soto's DIY Hair Tips
Make Your Own Hair Accessories 01:19
Sabrina Soto shows how to make personalized hair accessories on a budget.
Hair dryers, flat irons, sprays and other products can easily create an unsightly mess on your bathroom countertops. These quick fixes will clear your counters and organize your toiletries.
Take the time to organize all those electrical wires in your home office with these simple tips.
Is your bathroom not giving you the necessary storage you need? These tips will help you get creative with where to keep your towels and toiletries.
Amplify bedroom storage with clever clutter control solutions that sit out of sight below the mattress.
Learn the right way to store your fine china to keep it in tip-top shape for your next special occasion.
With some planning, you can have a user-friendly space in your home for craft projects and prepping gifts.
Is your living room overflowing with toys? Try these ideas to keep your kids’ favorites at hand for playtime and out of sight when company comes.
The laundry room is an essential part of the home, but keeping it organized can be a tough job. Learn how to store laundry supplies to keep your space fresh as clean clothes.
Is your thyme's clock ticking? Your rosemary not so rosy? Try these organizing tips to get your spice game in check.
If your kitchen is overrun with unorganized pots, pans and utensils, try these tips that will have your space looking tidy as a Michelin star restaurant.