Bathroom Organization: Taming Hair Care Chaos
- Stash dryers and brushes in a specially designed holster. Bed and bath stores and some beauty suppliers carry over-the-cabinet-door caddies with slots for blow dryers, curling irons, hairbrushes and other essential tools. They’re made to withstand heat, so you can stick small electrics right back in after you’ve finished with them.
- Sort clips and rubber bands with a drawer organizer or cosmetics tray. No need to get fancy — just pick up a basic model available at big-box retailers. Or tuck a few shallow bowls into your drawer to keep small items together.
- Store headbands on a hanging rack in the closet. You could also use a jewelry stand designed for bracelets and necklaces.
- Use a tray to corral sprays, gels and other styling products. Tubes, bottles and jars have a way of engulfing the bathroom counter. Add a small tray or basket to keep them in line yet easy to grab. Company coming? Whisk the entire tray out of sight. For lesser-used products, a dorm-style shower caddy under the sink is perfect.
- If you have space, outfit a drawer with electrical outlets. Although it may sound indulgent, it’s actually a smart way to eliminate tangled cords. Just pull the drawer out and plug in your dryer or iron, then drop it back in and shut it away.