Tips for Energy-Saving Window Coverings
Learn about the advantages of installing window coverings.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Installing window coverings throughout a home will minimize the escape of heat and cut down on the use of electricity.
- The most energy-efficient treatments feature honeycomb construction.
- Louvered shutters come in three styles: Cafe, plantation and sliding.
- Roller shades can be controlled with a chain or an electrical light switch.
- Window treatments protect rugs, paintings and furniture fabrics from fading caused by sun exposure.
- West-facing windows admit the hottest light and need the most coverage.
- South-facing windows are the most important natural light source and need only light coverage.
- It's best to have a professional measure your windows for custom treatments.
Spruce up those windows to make your kitchen more attractive with six easy-to-do ideas.
Whether looking for romantic ambiance, blinds to control sunlight or window treatments to protect your privacy, design experts...(7 photos)
Refresh your windows with trendy, inexpensive upgrades from tiebacks to sleek curtain rods(11 photos)