Tips on how to clean, care for and preserve the quality of sweaters.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
TIPical Mary Ellen host Mary Ellen Pinkham provides tips on caring for sweaters.
- Remove water from sweaters by gently rolling them in a clean towel. A quicker method is to place it in a large salad spinner with a pull cord. Just pull the cord and spin until most of the excess water has drained.
- The best way to dry sweaters is to lay them on a dry towel, and spread it out to its original shape.
- Never hang sweaters. They will lose their shape.
- If you must dry a sweater on a clothesline, string a pair of pantyhose through the arms and pin the hose rather than the cuffs.
- Reshape stretched-out sweater cuffs by dipping them in hot water. Dry with a hair dryer on the hottest setting.
- Store sweaters in airtight containers during off seasons. Place cedar balls in with them to keep them from smelling stale when removed later.