Restoring Office Functionality
The Crowders want to get their shared home office in order.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
After: Attractive and Functional Home Office
The electronics have all been put in one place for easy access, and files have been stored in pouches on the back of the bathroom door. New matching furniture replaces the old worn down pieces, and touches of red are used to accent the fresh wall color. There is even space for Christie's favorite personal items and pictures.
Now a new desk and tall shelving make the work area not only attractive but also functional. The home computer is located well away from the working area, so crowding is no longer an issue.
Shelves along the closet wall take advantage of formerly unused space. The drafting table is kept away from the desk, and its top remains uncluttered.
- When clearing off surfaces, make piles of like items.
- Be sure to shred personal information — don't just throw it away.
- Instead of saving bulky software boxes, keep the disk, manual and password in a clear sheet protector. Unnecessary packaging takes up a lot of space, so look for ways to eliminate it.
- Take advantage of wall space by building up — use shelves over desks.
- Limit luggage to what you have space to store. Initiate a one-in/one-out policy when acquiring new pieces.
Products from The Container Store: Skandia shelves, drawer and drawer pulls Product from Improvements: Desktop Lazy Susan Product from Levolor: White faux blinds Sherwin-Williams paint color used: Mannered Gold SW-6130, satin finish
Skandia upright and shelf caps
Elfa ventilated shelves, Platinum
acrylic CD tower
Bold Boxes, Red
Bissley two-drawer file cabinet
Elfa letter file cart, Platinum
Silver mesh hamper
Portofino document boxes and letter boxes, Red
mesh wall add-a-pocket
five-section expanding sorter
magnetic wipeoff board
Days of the Week magnets
Blueprint cart attachment
men's shoe containers
plastic four-drawer storage chest
Skandia shelves, drawer and drawer pulls
Product from Improvements:
Desktop Lazy Susan
Product from Levolor:
White faux blinds
Sherwin-Williams paint color used:
Mannered Gold SW-6130, satin finish
Ili and Craig Valine are ready to move into a home with more space and need a bit of help getting their home sold.