Overcoming Procrastination When Organizing
Try these 13 strategies to combat procrastination and gain the motivation you need to get organized.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
- Get an accountability buddy to keep you on task along the way.
- Work out the project's steps on paper in advance to clarify your thoughts and eliminate the emotional whirlwind around why you don't want to begin the task.
- Master the art of starting. Over and over again.
- Do the hard parts first. Or...
- Do the easy parts first. Whichever motivates you more is the one you should choose.
- Keep a progress log so you don't lose sight of how much you've accomplished.
- Break your project into small, manageable chunks and create interim deadlines for yourself along the way.
- Build in rewards for yourself as you finish each step, or as you complete the project.
Monica Ricci has been an organizing and productivity specialist since 1999. She offers onsite consulting, as well as motivational seminars and workshops. She has been featured on HGTV's Mission: Organization and is the author of Organize Your Office In No Time. Reach Monica at www.CatalystOrganizing.com.