Organizing a Spare Room
6 steps to a spruced-up space
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Spare rooms just seem to invite clutter in. Here are a few tips for using your extra space efficiently:
1. Make use of vertical space. Use high shelves in a closet to store things you don't use on a regular basis. Add shelves to an empty wall to create additional storage.
2. Magazines and newspapers can create excess clutter when we save them because we're interested in a single article. Instead, cut out the article and put it in a plastic sleeve, and create a binder for all these articles.
3. When you create a home for something, be sure to label it so that the system stays in place.
4. Designate clear bins for seasonal items, memorabilia and the like so you can get access to them easily. Don't forget to label!
5. Evaluate your space on a regular basis to determine what you use and what you need. Anything else should be gotten rid of.
6. Closets in extra rooms are often home to clothes you don't wear anymore. Get rid of them.
Follow these simple steps for using storage containers to organize your catchall closet.
Try this step-by-step method to get rid of dust in a dry room.
Holidays offer plenty of opportunities to capture priceless moments. We asked the HGTV.com Image Team to share their top tips...