Find out how to freshen up any space in your home.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Field reporter Joe Lovitt offers tips on freshening up a space by removing odors.
- Pour a little vanilla extract on a cotton ball and place it in the refrigerator to eliminate odors, or place in small bowls around the house.
- Before you install a bag in your vacuum cleaner, insert a car air freshener or potpourri through the intake hole. This will give off a fresh scent while you clean your carpet. You can also add potpourri directly to the vacuum bag.
- Freshen up a garbage disposal by dropping in a couple of slices of lemon, orange or lime peels and turning it on with the water running.
- Use baking soda as a cutting board deodorizer. Simply use a paste of baking soda and water to scrub the board. Be sure to rinse well.
Eliminate foot odor in sneakers once and for all with this combination:
Materials and Tools:
2 cups dried sage
1-1/2 cups dried lemon balm
2 cups cedar chips
1/2 cup baking soda
2 Tbs. grated orange zest
10 drops rosemary essential oil
5 drops lemon essential oil
1. Combine dried herbs, cedar chips, baking soda and zest in a glass or ceramic bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon.
2. Add the essential oils and stir to blend. Place half of the mixture in a clean sock and twist-tie the open end shut.
3. Stuff another sock with the remaining mixture and tie off. Place a stuffed sock in each sneaker overnight or when not in use.
A vacuum cleaner that floats on air and flooring made from all-natural ingredients.