How to Make No-Sew Curtains
Use a tablecloth to make window treatments in a few simple steps.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Home decor expert Brian Kramer shows show to make easy, no-sew curtains from inexpensive tablecloths.
No-Sew Curtain Panels
Materials and Tools:
decorative wood shape
- Cut the tablecloth in half lengthwise (using the appropriately sized tablecloth for your window).
- On the wrong side of the fabric, turn the edges in on the long sides of the panels about a half inch and secure with fusible webbing.
- To make the casing at the top of the curtain, repeat the process of turning under the fabric and securing it with fusible webbing. Make sure that you turn under enough fabric to fit over the curtain rod
- To make a header for the panels, use coordinating napkins hung on the diagonal. Half the napkin goes in front of the curtain rod, half in back.
Architectural Stars and Ribbon
You'll use the same process you did to make the curtain panels. Here's how to construct the rest of the project.
- Paint the architectural stars with desired color.
- Place grommets along the top edge of the panel.
- Hang picture hooks on each side of the window frame. You can pretty much used anything as a tieback.
- Measure and cut 15 pieces of complementary ribbon to hang the panel.
Follow these steps from Linda Hess to make your own santa ornament.