Homemade Skin-Care Products
Give yourself the spa treatment at home with these natural recipes.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Why apply harsh chemical treatments to your face when you can use natural recipes? The following home remedies are excellent for treating blemishes and light acne, as they draw toxins out of the skin, and in the case of the honey and peach mask, the fruit acids help remove dead skin cells and brighten the complexion. All ingredients are typically available at health-food stores and online.
Moroccan Red Clay Treatment
1 tablespoon red clay
4 to 5 drops of tea-tree oil
4 to 5 drops lavender oil
2 to 3 tablespoons water
1. Combine the ingredients and dot the mixture onto the affected areas of your skin. Leave on for about 15 minutes. The mixture will dry and tighten.
2. Rinse the skin clean with water. Wipe any spills off the porcelain quickly to avoid stains.
Note: Red clay is appropriate for oily skin. You can substitute green or white clay for normal to dry skin.
2 tablespoons pure sandalwood powder (unscented)
6 tablespoons rose water
1. Combine the ingredients to make a paste and dot onto affected areas. Leave on overnight.
2. Rinse with clear water and wipe with an astringent.
Honey and Peach Mask
4 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon water
1. Slice the peach and cover with a little honey and water. Mash the mixture with your hands to release the peach juices and blend.
2. Rub the resulting mixture all over the face (avoiding the eye area) and leave on for about 15 to 20 minutes. You should feel a slight tightening and tingling.
3. Rinse with cold water and apply witch hazel with a cotton ball.
Note: This mixture should last three to four days if covered in the refrigerator.
Use classic gingerbread dough to craft up a rustic log cabin gingerbread house to serve as the centerpiece for a holiday...
Not feeling crafty? Whip up something extra special for friends and family with our 40 recipes for sweet or savory scratch-made...(40 photos)
Hot cocoa warms even the chilliest of days. Share the warmth this holiday season by packaging ingredients for delectable...