Learn how to create a fashionable wardrobe during pregnancy.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Fashion expert Lisa Cole tells how to create a wardrobe that will work through the weight and shape changes of maternity and motherhood.
- You don't have to use a maternity top while pregnant; this top is just a size larger than normal and shows off the bulging baby belly.
- Check out jeans with Lycra that accommodate weight fluctuation. Just buy them a little larger than your usual size. This will take you through the first stages of pregnancy and work after delivery as you work your weight back down.
- Big shirts come in bright, carefree cotton that don’t make you look as if you raided your husband’s closet.
- Try topping loungewear that has a drawstring waist with an oversized denim shirt. The forgiving fit will work both before and after the pregnancy.
- Look for blends that add stretch, prevent wrinkles and clean up easily.
- Try a flyaway pant for post maternity to hide extra weight. The panels over the pants give a skirt effect, which is dressier than a plain pair of pants.
- Shoes are important during pregnancy because you don’t want to hurt your back. Don’t wear any heels over 2 -1/2 inches.
Mari Robeson assembles a personalized collage sachet -- perfect for a new baby or as a wedding favor or any special occasion.