Homemade Skin Scrubs
How to make all-natural exfoliants from basic kitchen ingredients like brown sugar, honey and eggs.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Exfoliation is the bottom line with skin care. When skin becomes sluggish with dry cellular debris, you need to slough off that dead skin. These recipes will do the trick.
Oatmeal Facial Scrub
For normal to dry skin
This scrub is safe for children to use, but don’t put it on sunburned skin.
1 cup plain instant oatmeal
1 egg white
1. Crush whole oats with a mortar and pestle or the back of a spoon, or chop with a knife.
2. Mix thoroughly and apply to clean skin. Rub in for about two minutes. Allow to dry. This forces the moisture back to the surface.
3. Rinse off with water or jump into the shower to rinse off.
Honey Almond Facial Scrub
For normal to oily skin
This scrub should be used to supplement regular soap, not used in place of it.
2 tablespoons of almonds
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1. Crush almonds with any of the methods described in the first recipe.
2. Combine almonds with the remaining ingredients.
3. Apply as in first recipe.
Brown Sugar Body Scrub
Use this instead of salt scrubs, which can be drying or irritating to the skin if it’s dry, sensitive or both. It can be kept for several days in the refrigerator in a closed plastic container.
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup honey
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 teaspoons of fresh ginger (powdered ginger can be substituted)
1. Grate the fresh ginger.
2. Take into the shower with you and apply handfuls at a time to polish the skin.