Home Office Tips: Monica Ricci
Mission: Organization guest Monica Ricci offers helpful tips for creating a functional workspace you can enjoy.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Jazz Up Your Home Office for Success:
How to create a comfortable and effective workspace
Professional organizer and Mission: Organization guest Monica Ricci offers web-exclusive tips.
One benefit of organization is increased productivity. When you are more organized, you can reduce frustration and stress and use your time more wisely. The result is more time to do what you enjoy.
To be more productive, make your office a place you enjoy being. Here are some tips to make your workplace more fun, even if you work from home:
- Paint the walls (or just one wall) a striking color that you love.
- Hang wallpaper or a simple border.
- Rearrange the furniture for a fresh perspective.
- Hang some beautiful art on the walls.
- Add new plants, a fountain, an aquarium or a lava lamp. Be sure that if you have live animals such as fish that they have enough space and receive the proper care when you are away.
- Put a small boom box with quiet music in your office.
- Open a window in the springtime to allow in fresh air and the sound of birds chirping.
- Display photos of family or friends on shelves or wall space so they don't infringe upon your workspace.
- Set out a few pieces of your favorite memorabilia.
Is your home office sharing space with the family or living room? Professional organizer Vicki Norris gives tips to help you...
Follow these easy tips to declutter your small home office.
Resolving to get organized? Check out these 20 inspirational ideas.(23 photos)