Exercise With Resistance Bands
Fitness expert Jackie Keller demonstrates some quick and easy exercises utilizing resistance bands.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
For the Back
1. Place the band around your back at its widest point and get a firm grip on the ends.
2. Hold your hands in front of your shoulders and slowly extend the arms, pulling on the band.
3. Bring your hands together in front of the body, then slowly release back to the starting position. Repeat 10 times.
4. Make the move harder by shortening your grip on the band.
1. Put the band on the ground and step on one end. Hold the other end firmly in one hand.
2. Standing tall, start with your arm extended.
3. With your arm facing the ceiling, bend the elbow and pull the band up. Repeat eight times on each side of the body. Add sets as you get stronger.
1. Bring the band behind your back and grab one end at the shoulder and the other end under the arm by the waist.
2. Extend both arms out in opposite directions on the diagonal. Repeat eight to 10 times.
1. Step on one end of the band with both feet and hold the other end firmly with one hand.
2. Bend at the waist, leaning over to the side, and then straighten. Repeat eight to 10 times on each side.
1. Stand with both feet in the middle of the band and hold an end in each hand.
2. Slowly drop the rear down into a squat position as you bend the elbows. Slowly straighten and repeat eight to 10 times.
This bare bones basement home gym is made over into a combination sleek gym and cozy family room.