Cleaning Leather and Suede
How to give your pieces the special treatment they deserve
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Leather and suede require a bit of TLC. Here's how to take care of those special items:
• Leather and suede items should always be cleaned per the label instructions, never with strong detergents you might have at your home.
• When spot cleaning, always test care products in a hidden area to make sure they're compatible with the leather.
• Try cleaning off a makeup stain by rubbing it with a stale piece of bread.
• When cleaning matching items such as gloves or shoes, make sure they're cleaned at the same time to maintain the same color and texture.
• Day-to-day care is very important. To protect collars of leather and suede garments, for example, wear a scarf to prevent staining from perspiration or body oils.
• Store leather or suede items where the air can circulate around them and never in any extremes of heat, cold, wet or dry.
• If your garment gets wet, let it dry away from heat sources to prevent staining.
Cut cleaning product confusion and save money by sticking to four basic cleaning products.
Sabrina Soto, host of The High Low Project, admits she's a neat freak. HGTV Magazine reveals her clean, clutter-free tricks.(11 photos)
Give your home sparkle, beginning at the curb. Try these ideas for cleaning the patio, deck and driveway, organizing tools and...(8 photos)