How to Childproof a Party
Ensure that a safe time will be had by all with these 8 tips.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
When you're throwing a party, you don't want to have to worry about the worst that could happen, so worry about it before the party. Here are some safety tips for planning the perfect celebration:
1. Don't light candles anywhere children are unattended.
2. Keep pills in containers with child-resistant caps.
3. Turn water heaters down to 120 degrees or less to avoid scalding young guests' hands.
4. When you boil liquids, use backburners and turn pan handles so that they're out of the reach of small hands.
5. Keep cleaning products in an overhead storage place.
6. When entertaining friends with children younger than 3, close bedroom and bathroom doors and hook doors that open onto staircases.
7. Make sure windows are locked and screens are pulled in place. Wrap drapery cords with tape where little ones can't reach.
8. Post local emergency numbers near every telephone. Type out the numbers and cover them with package tape to make them permanent.
Step-by-step instructions for replacing a broken wheel and bracket