House Hunters International Passport Sweepstakes: Official Rules 2012
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID ANYWHERE OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Eligibility: The House Hunters International Passport Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to permanent legal U.S. residents currently residing in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States (including DC but excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and other United States territories), who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Scripps Networks, LLC (“Sponsor”), bottlerocket marketing group, LLC (“Administrator”), BLT Communications, LLC (“Promotional Partner”), and their respective affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to: (a) be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor, and by the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; and (b) release and hold harmless each of the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or the use or misuse or redemption of a prize, and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
3. Sweepstakes Period/Description: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:30:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 15, 2012 and ends at 9:29:59 PM ET on December 22, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Throughout the Sweepstakes Period, there will be fifty (50) separate entry periods (the “Entry Period(s)”). Each Entry Period will begin each Weekday at 9:30:00 pm ET and end at 9:29:59 pm ET on the following Day. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “Weekday” is defined as a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday and a “Day” is defined as 12:00:00 am ET – 11:59:59 pm ET.
4. How To Enter: During an applicable Entry Period, as detailed above, visit the “House Hunters International Passport Sweepstakes” application (the “Promotion Application”), which can be found by following the appropriate tab/link from the House Hunters International Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/HGTVHouseHunters), allow any necessary access, and “Like” House Hunters International (if you already “Like” House Hunters International you will not be asked to perform this task again). Once at the Promotion Application, follow the onscreen prompts to get the current Entry Period’s stamp by providing all required registration information and taking the current Entry Period’s quiz (the “Daily Quiz”). The Daily Quiz will consist of one (1) question that relates to the new episode of House Hunters International that airs during the applicable Entry Period. If you answer the Daily Quiz question correctly, you will earn one (1) stamp (a “Stamp”). Please note that you will not earn a Stamp for an incorrect answer, but you may take the same Entry Period’s Daily Quiz multiple times, if you like, until you answer correctly. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, one (1) Stamp is equal to one (1) daily entry (“Daily Entry” or “Entry”). There is a limit of one (1) Daily Entry per person, regardless of email address used, per Entry Period. Daily Entries will be placed into the applicable Weekly Random Drawings and Monthly Random Drawing(s) based on the date(s) of their entry.
5. Weekly Prize Drawings/Monthly Prize Drawings/Grand Prize Drawing:
At the end of each week throughout the Sweepstakes Period, one (1) weekly prize random drawing (the “Weekly Prize Drawing(s)”) will be performed from among all eligible Daily Entries received during the previous five (5) Weekdays in order to select one (1) potential Weekly Prize winner per Weekly Prize Drawing.
At the end of each calendar month throughout the Sweepstakes Period (or as it relates to December, at the end of the Sweepstakes Period), one (1) monthly prize random drawing (the “Monthly Prize Drawing(s)”) will be held from among all eligible Daily Entries (as defined below) received during the applicable calendar month in order to select one (1) potential Monthly Prize winner per Monthly Prize Drawing.
Finally, at the end of the Sweepstakes Period, one (1) grand prize random drawing (the “Grand Prize Drawing”) will be held from among all eligible Daily Entries received throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period in order to select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner.
6. Weekly Prizes: Ten (10) Weekly Prizes: There will be a total of ten (10) Weekly Prizes available to be awarded (one (1) Weekly Prize per Weekly Prize Drawing). The odds of winning a Weekly Prize depend on the total number of eligible Daily Entries received for the applicable Weekly Prize Drawing. Each Weekly Prize winner, once confirmed, will receive one (1) prize pack that will include one (1) HGTV branded t-shirt and one (1) HGTV branded coffee mug. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Weekly Prize is fifty dollars ($50).
7. Monthly Prizes: Three (3) Monthly Prizes: There will be a total of three (3) Monthly Prizes available to be awarded (one (1) Monthly Prize per Monthly Prize Drawing). The odds of winning a Monthly Prize depend on the total number of eligible Daily Entries received for the applicable Monthly Prize Drawing. Each Monthly Prize winner, once confirmed, will receive one (1) House Hunters International World Travel kit which will consist of the following: (a) one (1) travel electronics charger set; (b) one passport holder; and (c) one (1) monogrammed suitcase. The ARV of each Monthly Prize is four hundred and fifty dollars ($450).
8. Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize: There will be a total of one (1) Grand Prize available to be awarded. The odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible Daily Entries received for the entire Sweepstakes Period. The Grand Prize winner, once confirmed, will receive one (1) Mediterranean Cruise package for the Grand Prize winner and one guest. Exact package details will be determined by Sponsor at a later date, in their sole discretion, however, the Grand Prize package will include: (a) two (2) round trip coach class air transportation tickets for the Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest, from an airport near the Grand Prize winner’s home to/from airports near the embarkation and disembarkation ports, at the discretion of Sponsor; (b) ground transportation to/from the airport(s) to/from the embarkation and disembarkation ports as well as spending money for the Grand Prize winner awarded in the form of one (1) check for five hundred dollars ($500); (c) two (2) tickets for the cruise for the Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest in a suite cabin onboard; and (d) meals and snacks provided during the cruise (soft-drinks and alcoholic drinks not included). The total ARV of the Grand Prize is fifteen thousand dollars ($15,000).
9. General Prize Conditions: The total ARV of all prizes available to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is sixteen thousand eight hundred and fifty dollars ($16,850). There is a limit of one (1) Weekly Prize, one (1) Monthly Prize and one (1) Grand Prize per person, throughout the Sweepstakes Period. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the stated number of prizes detailed herein. Actual value of prizes may vary depending on current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment, and other factors, and any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value if any, will not be awarded. Prize conditions may be added or modified by companies providing those portions of the prize. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for any prize, in whole or in part, will be permitted except at Sponsor's sole discretion due to prize unavailability for any reason, and only then for a prize of greater or equal value determined by Sponsor shall be allowed. Please note that the specific Mediterranean Cruises Sponsor would like to award as the Grand Prize cruise are only offered a few times each year, therefore, the Grand Prize winner and guest must be able to travel on dates identified by the Sweepstakes Entities coinciding with cruise dates, or else such prize may be forfeited, even after acceptance, and in such case an alternate potential Grand Prize winner would be contacted. If for reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, any portion of a prize cannot be awarded, such portion(s) of the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such prize winner(s) other than to supply the other elements of the prize package, with no additional consideration being awarded. It is the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and guest to be in possession of all necessary travel documentation (e.g., Passport, ID) at the time and place of departure, or those portions of the Grand Prize may be forfeited. Grand Prize is subject to air/hotel availability, the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, cruise availability, schedule or route changes, holiday and blackout dates, and any other travel conditions/restrictions that may apply. All other expenses relating to acceptance of a prize not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to, any and all taxes, additional meals, personal purchases/souvenirs, transfers, gratuities, luggage fees and any and all costs or expenses associated with travel are solely the responsibility of the respective prize winner. Travel will be made through Sponsor’s agent on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Sponsor reserves the right to structure the travel route. Prizes may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Grand Prize winner and guest must travel together at the same time and/or on the same itinerary and guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older (unless Sponsor agrees otherwise). Sweepstakes Entities will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, or certificates, once in Grand Prize winner’s possession. Sponsor, and/or any other relevant party, reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to Grand Prize winners or guest if they act in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all guarantees and warrantees on merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and winners agree to look solely to said manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
10. Prize Winner Notification/Verification: No potential Weekly Prize, Monthly Prize or Grand Prize winner is an official winner unless and until Sponsor confirms such.
On or about one (1) business day after each Weekly Prize Drawing, potential Weekly Prize winners may be contacted via telephone and/or email, in accordance with the contact information provided at the time of entry, and may be required to accept the prize and confirm their physical address before delivery of such prize, or Administrator may unilaterally verify such potential Weekly Prize winner as official, and simply mail the Weekly Prize to the applicable Weekly Prize winner at the contact information (physical address) provided upon entry. If any notification attempt or prize delivery fails or is returned for any reason, such potential Weekly Prize winner may forfeit the prize, and Sponsor will select an alternate potential Weekly Prize winner.
On or about one (1) business day after each Monthly Prize Drawing, potential Monthly Prize winners will be contacted via telephone and/or email, in accordance with the contact information provided at the time of entry, and will be required to confirm their physical address, as well as the initials they would like to be monogrammed onto their luggage, before delivery of such prize. If any notification attempt fails for any reason, such potential Monthly Prize winner may forfeit the prize, and Sponsor will select an alternate potential Monthly Prize winner.
On or about one (1) business day after the Grand Prize Drawing, the potential Grand Prize winner will be notified via telephone and/or email, in accordance with the contact information provided at the time of entry. Potential Grand Prize winner will have seven (7) calendar days from the time of the first notification attempt to respond to Administrator or else Administrator will move on and notify an alternate potential Grand Prize winner. Once contact is made, potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Acceptance, Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (where lawful), as well as a W-9 Form (collectively the “Prize Claim Documents”). Grand Prize winner will receive an IRS 1099 Form at the end of the tax year in which they receive the Grand Prize for the actual value of the Grand Prize. Administrator must receive all Prize Claim Documents by the due date indicated during the notification correspondence, or on the Prize Claim Documents. If potential Grand Prize winner fails to respond in the time period specified above, if any Prize Claim Documents are not returned within the number of days specified, if any notification or notification attempt is returned as undeliverable or as an error, or the potential Grand Prize winner declines their prize, then the prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner will be selected, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prior to the cruise, Grand Prize winner will have to submit a release of liability form, in a format acceptable to the Sweepstakes Entities, for their guest.
By entering or being selected as a potential prize winner, all entrants and potential/confirmed winners hereby consent to the use by the Sweepstakes Entities of their entry and all information contained therein including but not limited to, name, likeness, opinions, images, statements and/or other indicia of persona, and personally identifiable information (collectively “Likeness”), for any and all uses and purposes (including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising and trade) in any media now known or hereinafter developed in any manner throughout the world (including, without limitation, the World Wide Web and on-air) in perpetuity without additional consideration (where legal), consent or prior review, and upon request will provide written consent to such use. All decisions of Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final.
11. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ENTRANTS OR WINNERS OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A PRIZE WINNER OR GUEST THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER OR SPONSOR INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate Entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error, which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or other services, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, including or the Promotion Application, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes or for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof). Should the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Promotion Application, or elsewhere as Sponsor sees fit, and any unawarded prizes will be awarded via random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated Entries are permitted. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual (and void all associated Entries) they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entry or any other means to subvert the entry process; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (iv) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APPLICATION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE TENNESSEE COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TENNESSEE SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities and Facebook, Inc.; (a) shall not be responsible or liable for, and hereby release the Sweepstakes Entities and Facebook, Inc. from, any claims, losses, damages or injuries of any kind (including death) resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use/misuse or inability to use a prize, and (b) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to a prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors; (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Sweepstakes Entities; or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities. Failure of Sponsor to enforce any provision herein shall not be deemed a waiver of such. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
12. Request for the Name of Winners: For a list of the names of the winners, available after the Sweepstakes Period has ended, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, to be received by 2/28/13, to: House Hunters International Passport Sweepstakes c/o bottlerocket marketing group, llc, 298 5th Avenue, NY, NY, 10001.
13. Sponsor: Scripps Networks, LLC, 9721 Sherrill Blvd, Knoxville TN 37932.
Take a trip back through White House Christmases past with this multi-year collection of pictures highlighting Christmas decor...(75 photos)
Themed holiday trees, glittery branches and lots of Bo here's what goes into turning 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. into a...(25 photos)
Decorative "trees" made from seedpods, lots of festive Bo cookies get a behind-the-scenes look at how the...(11 photos)