Building a Better Bungalow
A bungalow gets new landscaping, windows, paint and a lovely pickety fence.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
As transplants from urban Chicago, Jennifer and Duncan Wilk would like to create a home that reflects their new suburban lifestyle as they prepare for a family. They would like to polish the classic look of their 1900s raised bungalow home while adding new architectural detail and traditional suburban elements such as a white picket fence.
- Take out cinderblock wall
- Widen front staircase removing wrought iron and shingled walls
- Paint house
- Add trim to windows and doors
- Add wood railing to stairway
- Replace screen door
- Replace windows
- New garage door
- Adding lovely landscaping
- Add new lighting including a hanging front porch light
- Install white picket fence and gates across front of house
The Combs furnished their 1920s Craftsman brick home with their collection of 1950s and '60s furniture and accessories, much of...