The Pros and Cons of Different Mulches
Organic or inorganic? A survey of various kinds of mulches.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Stones, Gravel, Pebbles
- surface dries quickly
- often expensive
- gravel and small stones migrate
- warms soil in early spring
- discourages weed growth
- prevents air, water and nutrients from reaching soil
- may overheat soil and roots during hot summer months
- water- and air-permeable
- requires another mulch covering because of its relatively unattractive appearance
- removing weeds that take root above it means pulling up (exposing) the fabric
Host Joan Kohn examines the elements that make up the simple, sturdy look of the American arts-and-crafts design movement.
Clean lines, quality workmanship and natural materials are the hallmarks of arts-and-crafts style, which is experiencing a...
Designer John Robshaw's fabric designs and home collections have been described as exotic and romantic, but he'll tell you that...