Stately Urban Touches
Designer Jennifer DiStefano and landscape architect James Eckhoff help the Wardlaws transform their home from faded and frumpy to chic and stylish.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Michael and Denise Wardlaw live in a century old farmhouse in the middle of an urban landscape. They want to transform their home into something more elegant and stately, while keeping the house's historical flavor.
Highlights include a new cedar porch, hearty and colorful landscaping, iron railings and a new roof.
- Replace roof with new asphalt shingles
- Install new energy efficient windows
- New cedar shingles on dormers
- Strip and stain front door
- New stained cedar flooring on porch
- Paint house gray with white trim
- New iron railings on front stairway
- Add new hearty landscaping
- New fence for backyard
- Install a low slung retaining wall
- Exterior canvas curtain for privacy on porch
- Build planters for entryway
- New light fixtures/mail slot/door hardware
- New house numbers
- Frosting the front door glass to add privacy
Tips for how you can enjoy a porch swing on your front porch.