A cluttered sunroom is refreshed with contemporary accents and comfortable furniture.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Upholstered backdrops also made from coordinating bed sheets give added impact to the framed black-and-white photography for the expanse of existing white walls.
How-To: Upholstered Backdrops
- Make a frame out 1 x 2s attached to 1/4-inch plywood.
- Next, turn the frame over and wrap it in batting, attaching it securely to the back with a staple gun.
- Repeat the process with the fabric, being sure to pull everything tightly for a smooth finish.
- Attach the art to the backdrops, hang on the wall and highlight with art lights for a high-end feel.
Wicker Furniture - $175 (thrift store)
Lighting - $150
- floral baskets (Lowe's)
- lighting kits
Console Tables - $66 (IKEA - Ingo, 11814)
Fabric - $60
- custom Roman shades (sheets: Macy's)
- wall art backdrops (fabric: Jo-Ann Fabrics - Dried herb 7280225)
Wall Art - $125
- framed photography (prints: Cost Plus World Market - 000000367199; frames: IKEA - Ribba, 50014976)
- art lights
Mantel Makeover - $200
- fire screen (Target: Home - 085100081)
- fireplace tools (Target: Home - 085100098)
Accessories - $220
- candles, storage boxes, baskets, rug (HomeGoods)
- wicker lamps (Wal-Mart: lampshade - Home, 070299280277; lamp: Home - 070299280840)
Project Total - $996
Jen and Adam Alonso are stumped on how to decorate their formal living room and adjoining casual sunroom. With a budget of...