The ideal kitchen for a cooking duo makes efficient use of the space and is designed with separate workspaces.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
A thoughtful design detail in a two-cook kitchen is clipping the corners of an island for ease of passage. To minimize traffic, a large professional-sized refrigerator can be located outside the main work triangle.
- Two sinks and two dishwashers in a two-cook kitchen create two separate work areas, while access to the stove for each cook from different directions eliminates traffic jams.
- Two cooks require more cooking space, like a cooktop with six burners and a griddle, and three ovens (two convection ovens and a proofing oven), a warming drawer and a microwave.
- Because of the overall size and importance of the stove, the range hood can become the room’s focal point.
- There needs to be plenty of counter space in a two-cook kitchen, as well as separate cleanup areas.
- Clearance between counters should be wider than usual in a two-cook kitchen, to allow two people to pass each other easily.
- Granite makes a durable surface that will hold up to the wear and tear of extra cooks.
- A separate beverage refrigerator in a different area cuts down on traffic in the main work triangle.
Get all the info you need on backsplashes for kitchens, and get ready to install an attractive and useful backsplash in your...